Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Why Are We In Afghanistan?

I'm currently reading this book.

Photobucket

It's actually quite a good book. I'm thoroughly enjoying it and having trouble putting it down. It's talking quite a bit about Afghanistan past and present. Mostly what it has done is cause me to think... more so than usual. What the hell are we doing in Afghanistan? I don't mean why did we go there, I know why we went there. I know why we went to Iraq as well. My question is why the fuck are we still in Afghanistan and sending more troops? What are we attempting to accomplish? What is the goal? Does anybody actually believe the goal is attainable? What do our leaders think they are going to accomplish aside from the exact same thing the Soviet Union accomplished? Can anybody enlighten me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ask Obama. This is the war he believed we should be fighting.

In fact, he gets to sabotage this war, retreat, and then blame Bush-Cheney.

Northman said...

The fact that we are there doing a real-time reenactment of the Soviets taking a kicking while we're moving away from Iraq shows pretty clearly that Obama hasn't a clue what is going on. He's making a symbolic statement based on moronic principles at the expense of our troops and you're exactly right, they're sabotaging any chance at accomplishing anything useful over there and they do intend to blame Bush. Christ on a stick do I hate the Democrats.